At ReadingWise we believe that the privacy of visitors to our websites is very important. This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the readingwise.com and Ideaswise Ltd, and has been updated in line with GDPR requirements. It will also outline the types of personal information received and collected by Ideaswise Ltd and how our website (readingwise.com) processes, stores and protects user data and information.
By visiting readingwise.com (our website) and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Personal data we collect:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information provided by you
You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or social media. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, job title or role, school name.
Information we might collect about you
Each time you visit the ReadingWise site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform.
- Information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may also obtain information about you that is in the public domain, for example contact details presented on websites of potential customers.
How we use personal information
We DO NOT sell personal information. Our mailing list addresses are not sold, rented, leased, traded, swapped or exchanged.
Depending on how you engage with us, we may use your information:
- To deliver agreed products and services to you.
- To facilitate your use of our website and the services available through it.
- For internal accounting and regulatory purposes.
- For statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services.
- To keep you informed of our products and services you might be interested in.
- To send you a festive greeting.
We are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself. You can verify the details you have submitted to Ideaswise Ltd by contacting our team: [email protected] Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email and home addresses.
You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct or delete your personal information controlled by Ideaswise Ltd at any time. Please note that if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even though your account is deleted.
You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this please contact [email protected]
You have a number of rights surrounding your information that we hold. These rights include access to your data, correction of inaccuracies, having data erased, objecting to direct marketing, restricting the processing of your information (including automated decision-making) and data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact [email protected]
Our legal bases for processing your personal information are:
- Consent you have given.
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets.
- If Ideaswise Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Ideaswise Ltd, our customers or companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long do we keep your data for?
Ideaswise Ltd will retain data for no longer than is necessary. What it is necessary to retain will depend on the circumstances of each case, taking into account the reasons that the personal data was obtained, but should be determined in a manner consistent with our data retention guidelines. No data will be retained if subject to a ‘Right to Erasure’ request.
If legally required or if it is necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after we have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide our services to you.
We are registered as required under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) with the Information Commissioner, number ZA33530. A copy of our registration certificate can be downloaded here
Making a complaint
If you need to make a complaint you may do so in writing, by telephone or by emailing the DPO at [email protected] We take all complaints very seriously and will respond to you within 24 working hours.
Please note. We are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes as soon as they are made.
Issue Date 20.05.2018