The latest issue of Literate Times has been published featuring articles by a range of literacy specialists like:
- Nicky Morgan MP - we look at a recent speech by the education secretary who wants all UK readers to be Europe's best, but says there's "no silver bullet"
- Pie Corbett - the storytelling guru talks about the importance of comprehension and what his perfect school would be like
- Prof Sugata Mitra -writing to us from Calcutta, in advance of his keynote speech at BETT 2016, Sugata asks why we teach reading at all and how else it might be achieved.
- Debra Kidd - leading educationalist talks about the challenges facing white working class boys
- The Reader - read how this organisation is making its home city of Liverpool a city of readers
- Prof. John MacBeath - describes some new research he has undertaken at Cambridge University into literacy interventions
- Bill Watkin - a look at the challanges for literacy around secondary transition by the head of strategy at SSAT
- Rachael Snape - read how this head teacher, described by the TES as 'insanely passionate' and leader of one of just 8 Ashoka Changemaker schools in the UK and the 'we not me' culture in her school.